The best portable solar generator in 2018 is presented in this article.
Imagine you are watching your favorite movie with your loved ones and suddenly the power goes out. You might think that your night is ruined, but have no fear, Renogy Phoenix is here.
It is praised to be one of the best portable solar generators on the market and I agree.
It doesn’t matter weather you are getting ready for a road trip, a camping trip, or simply taking your girl out for a romantic weekend in the wilderness under the stars, Renogy Phoenix is the the right choice for you.
The portable briefcase
A briefcase contains important things, well this one possesses a solar power system ideal for off-grid applications as well as emergencies. Sounds important, right? This all-in-one portable system represents the combination of extremely efficient 20W Monocrystalline Solar Panels and also has the possibility of expansion up to 100 watts with additional solar panels. The replaceable 16Ah lithium-ion battery bank is placed on the bottom of the unit. It is made of lithium-ion NMC (nickel-manganese-cobalt) cells and has the lifespan of around 1500 charging cycles.
The charging process can be done in three ways:
- by solar power (from 6 – 8 hours)
- by AC power
- by car power
The thing that interests most people is the types of devices this solar generator can power. It can support AC appliances and devices up to 150W. It also has outlets for both AC and DC power types and a built in pure sine wave inverter.
Here is a useful charging chart:
Dimensions and Specifications
The dimensions are 13.8 x 16.1 x 3.9 inches and it weighs 12.8 pounds.
On the right side:
- 4 USB ports (5V 2.4A)
- two 12V ports (3A)
- a 12V 12.5A cigarette socket
- a standard 3-prong 110V AC outlet
On the left side:
- input ports
- an AC plug
- a 12V input for car charging
- 2 ports for additional solar panels
And now the power specifications:
DC Output: 2 x 12V@3A max (6A Total)
USB Output: 4 x 5V@2.4A max (6A Total)
Cigarette Socket: 12V 12.5A
Output AC Voltage: 110 vac
Output AC Frequency: 60 Hz
Min Inverter Efficiency: 80%
Max Continuous Output Power: 150 w
Overload Protection: 170W Max
Also check out Renogy Solar Bundle Kit
- Portable and suitable for off grid usage
- Very versatile (4 ports for mobile devices with USB connectors)
- Good for emergency cases
- Quick charging
- Full package: panels, connectors, wiring, plugs
- Emergency LED light built in
- Pure sine wave system (no damage to expensive tech gear)
- Possibility of expansion by adding more solar panels
- MPPT (maximum power point tracking) which helps you locate the best position for panel charging
- The case prevents dust entering when system is not in use
- Easy swap battery
- Affordable price
- Not for powering the entire house or large appliances
- Sensitive to heat; don’t leave it out in the sun on hot days unless it’s charging
I ordered it and it arrived the next day. I wasn’t very optimistic about it, frankly I thought it was too good to be true. I’m glad that Renogy proved me wrong! It just works like a charm. The case feels and is a high quality one, the usage has never been simpler and the number of cables which provide both the charging and consumption are a great addition.