This solar kit offers a solution that can help make your camping trips as smooth as possible. It is also called Renogy 200W Watt 12 Volt Solar RV Kit. And it promises to take you on a RV trip of a lifetime. It silently recharges your batteries so you can enjoy the great outdoors without the extra noise. Solar panels also allow you to run limited low watt electrical equipment without a power hookup. It has an ideal output: 1000Wh per day; can fully charge a 50Ah battery from 50% in 1.5 hours (depending on the availability of sunlight).
What’s in the box?
In the box you will find: Two Renogy 100-Watt monocrystalline solar panels which can be connected in parallel by a pair of branch connectors, one pair of 9 inches MC4 connectors’ adaptor kit which extends the cables for remote control, Renogy PWM 30A charge controller which protects the system from over-charge, over-discharge, over-load, and reverse-connection.
Dimensions and specific features
The dimensions are 47 x 21.3 x 1.4 inches and it weighs 16.5 pounds, same as Renogy 100 Watts 12 Volts Monocrystalline Solar Bundle.
Renogy 100W Monocrystalline Solar Panel:
- Maximum Power: 100W Optimum
- Operating Voltage (Vmp):18.9V
- Optimum Operating Current (Imp): 5.29A
- Maximum System Voltage: 600V DC (UL)
Renogy 30A PWM Charge Controller (Positive Grounded):
- Nominal System Voltage: 12V/24V Auto recognition
- Rated Charge Current: 30A Max.
- Solar Input Voltage: 42V Max.
- PV Input Power: 400W (12V), 800W (24V)
Renogy 9In MC4 Adaptor Kit :
- Length: 9In AWG: 12
Renogy MC4 Branch Connectors :
- Withstanding voltage: 1000V DC(TUV), 600V(UL)
- Contact Resistance: 1m
The panels arrived safely and right on time. Setup was EXTREMELY fast and easy. I am no professional and it took me about 20 minutes from the time I started opening the box until my RV batteries were charging. The connectors and cables seem expensive but after you hold them in your hands, you’ll see they are worth it. These are high quality panels and have an excellent warranty.
Pros and cons
- Efficient – high module conversion efficiency (approx. 15.46%)
- Expandable – you can expand your system up to a maximum of 400W
The kit does not come with extension cables, z-brackets or wire from the charge controller to the batteries.