Start your solar adventure with a Renogy Starter Kit.Four Renogy 100-Watt monocrystalline solar panels can be connected in parallel by three pairs of branch connectors. Ideal output: 2000Wh per day; can fully charge a 200Ah battery from 50% in 3 hours (depending on the availability of sunlight). The charge controller has been upgraded to Renogy’ s new 30A PWM Negative-Ground Charge Controller – the Renogy Wanderer. One pair of 20 feet MC4 connectors adaptor kit extends the cables and makes the system ideal for remote control.
What’s in the box?
This kit comes a bit crowded but in a good way: four Renogy 100W 12V Monocrystalline Solar Panels, a 30A PWM Wanderer Charge Controller, a 20ft 10AWG MC4 Adaptor Kit, an 8ft 10AWG Tray Cable, three pairs of branch connectors, and four sets of Z-brackets. All that you need is here, and for the money given it better be working.
Dimensions and specifications
Dimensions are 47 x 21.3 x 8 inches and the total package weighs 16.5 pounds.
Renogy 100W 12V Monocrystalline Solar Panel:
- Maximum Power: 100W
- Maximum System Voltage: 600V DC (UL)
- Optimum Operating Voltage (Vmp): 18.9V
- Optimum Operating Current (Imp): 5.29A
(All of this times four!)
Renogy 20ft 10AWG MC4 Adaptor Kit (A pair):
- Length: 20ft
- AWG: 10
- Rating Voltage: 600/1000V
- Temperature: -40°F to +185°F
Renogy Solar Panel Mounting Z Brackets (Set):
- Four Z Shape Solar Panel Brackets
- Four M6-16 Hex Cap Bolt and Eight #11 Self-Drilling Cap Screw and Plastic Retaining Ring
- Four M6 Split Lock Washer and Eight M6 Flat Washer
- Four M6 Hexagonal Nut
Renogy MC4 Branch Connectors (A Pair) :
- Withstanding Voltage: 1000V DC(TUV), 600V(UL)
- Protection Degree: IP67, mated
- Wiring Size Range: 10, 12, 14 AWG
- Temperature: -40°F to +195°F
The Renogy Wanderer – 30A PWM Negative-Ground Charge Controller:
- Nominal Voltage: 12 VDC
- Rated Charge Current: 30A
- Max. PV Input Voltage: 25 VDC
- Max. PV Input Power: 400W (12V)
This kit comes with almost everything you need to charge a battery or battery bank that is either 12 or 24 volt. I was VERY pleased at the ease of installation and use. The controller was very basic and not hard to understand at all. I thank you for a TOP NOTCH system for both the entry level solar enthusiast. Perfect! Off grid and doing what they said it would produce.
Pros and cons
- High performance Monocrystalline panels
- Solid built panels with Al frame
- Panel output is consistent on all 4 panels
- Hardware included and easy to put together (use electrical common sense)
- Reasonable price
- I’ll let you know if I find a flaw with long term usage